Skip to main content

Sealed With A Kiss - Rachael Lucas


Kate is dumped on her best friend’s wedding day by the world’s most boring boyfriend, Ian. She’s mostly cross because he got in first - until she remembers she’s now homeless as well as jobless. Rather than move back home to her ultra-bossy mother, Kate takes a job on the remote Scottish island of Auchenmor as an all-round Girl Friday. Her first day is pretty much a disaster: she falls over, smack bang at the feet of her grouchy new boss, Roddy, Laird of the Island. Unimpressed with her townie ways, he makes it clear she’s got a lot to prove.

Island life has no room for secrets, but prickly Roddy’s keeping something to himself. When his demanding ex-girlfriend appears back on the island, Kate’s budding friendship with her new boss comes to an abrupt end. What is Fiona planning - and can she be stopped before it’s too late?

My Review
Having  read the Christmas one before this one, I already knew what was going to happen, however this didn’t deter me from reading this one so I could get to know the characters more.
I love Rachael’s writing, she always grips me in and I want to keep reading. The characters are great in this book, it gives you a real sense of community on such a small island. Everyone plays their part and the gossip spreads like wild fire. It was nice to see Kate escape from a bad situation and  make it the best she possibly can. I don’t think Kate knew what was going to happen when she first moved to the island, but it was nice to see her develop and grown.
Roddy has his own struggles to over come and then a blast from the past hits him, it was good to see how he dealt with this. For Kate I couldn’t think of a worse situation than being told on your friends wedding day that your boyfriend does not want to marry you ever. 
The island imagery is great and the seal groups were very imaginable. It doesn’t seem to matter what Rachael write about her books are always great. She draws you  in and you want to invest a part of yourself in the story and the characters, finding yourself routing for them.
5 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The art of deception - Louise Mangos

Buy Here PROLOGUE The vice of his fingers tightened on my wrist, and tendons crunched as they slid over each other inside my forearm. As he twisted harder, I turned my body in the direction of his grip to try and relieve the pain. His other hand appeared from behind him and the heel of his palm hit the side of my head. As it made contact with my ear, a siren rang in my brain, blocking all other sound. I kicked out, my foot slamming into his shins. His forward momentum increased as he was caught off balance, and his upper body folded. His shoulder glanced off the picture frame on the wall and it fell to the floor with a clatter. The rebound flung him away from me. As he let go of my arm, we fell apart like a tree struck down the middle by lightning. I staggered backwards, calves ramming against the coffee table, pushing it towards the sofa. Terror now ruling my fear, I grabbed the ceramic vase toppling from the table. I swung it ineffectually at his head. I was briefly su

Whatever it Takes - Tadhg Coakley

Buy Here

Dragon River - Rob Saunders

Buy Here 10 things about Rob..... When he is working as a commercial artist he is known as Bob His most high profile work is creating the soft scuplted foam face make up and the mask for the Phantom in productions of Phantom of the Opera. [Although of course not right now] He has created award winning lifelike pelican puppets for a Kit Kat commercial which was shown in Germany. The London company Applied Arts, established by Bob, is now run by his colleague Mark, who is currently working on a new production of the musical Cats opening in South Korea in the autumn. [www.appliedarts.co.uk] Bob has judged Stage Magician of the Year for the Magic Circle. In recent years Bob has worked with both Derren Brown and Dynamo to develop ideas for their stage shows. He is married to Kate has 3 children and 4 grandchildren with another on the way. He has worked in the West Indies developing a puppet show for the BBC. After maki