Skip to main content

Dirty Dealings - Gillian Godden


A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

 

‘What the hell are you doing? Get off me!’ Shocked horror filled her. She couldn’t believe what was happening. Only a few minutes ago they were laughing and talking. Now, leaning forward, he grabbed a handful of her hair and pulled her down to the floor to her knees. He kicked her backwards with his steel toe-capped boot, which made her cry out in pain as she fell on to the concrete floor. Her head was pounding from hitting the hard surface. It was covered in plastic, which had made it even easier for her to slip on. She felt dazed. Her head was swimming, but adrenalin and panic drove her on. Pouncing upon her and straddling her, his leering face loomed only away inches from her own. Reaching up, she scratched his face with her long nails. They dug deep into his cheeks and drew blood. She was struggling and doing her best to fight

him off.

He grabbed her jaw with his large, rough builder’s hands and squeezed hard. As he shouted at her spit flew out of his mouth and hit her in the face. ‘Try that again, you bitch, and

I’ll punch you so hard in the face you won’t know what day of the week it is,’ he rasped.

‘Get off me, you’re hurting me. Get off me!’ she pleaded, and fought back, trying to get him to stop. It seemed to urge him on more. There was a wild look of excitement and expectation in his eyes as he ripped at her silk blouse. ‘Please don’t hurt me.’ A noise filled the air and echoed around the room. And then, suddenly, she realised it was the sound of her own voice screaming and shouting.

‘Why?’ he snarled. ‘You’re a tease. You have wanted this all along and men like me don’t like prick-teasers like you. You have asked for this, prancing around in your short skirts. Now shut up,’ he shouted through gritted teeth, while pinning her down on the cold, hard concrete floor. His heavy body ceased all movement from her as she tried to struggle free.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The art of deception - Louise Mangos

Buy Here PROLOGUE The vice of his fingers tightened on my wrist, and tendons crunched as they slid over each other inside my forearm. As he twisted harder, I turned my body in the direction of his grip to try and relieve the pain. His other hand appeared from behind him and the heel of his palm hit the side of my head. As it made contact with my ear, a siren rang in my brain, blocking all other sound. I kicked out, my foot slamming into his shins. His forward momentum increased as he was caught off balance, and his upper body folded. His shoulder glanced off the picture frame on the wall and it fell to the floor with a clatter. The rebound flung him away from me. As he let go of my arm, we fell apart like a tree struck down the middle by lightning. I staggered backwards, calves ramming against the coffee table, pushing it towards the sofa. Terror now ruling my fear, I grabbed the ceramic vase toppling from the table. I swung it ineffectually at his head. I was briefly su

Whatever it Takes - Tadhg Coakley

Buy Here

How to say goodbye - Katy Colins

Buy Here Prologue  I straightened my chiffon scarf so the small forget-menots lay flat against my crisp, white shirt. A quick tug of my sleeves, brushing off imaginary fluff, a pat of my hair, tied back in a neat ponytail, and I was as ready as I would ever be. My rubber-soled shoes allowed me to silently do the last check of the small room. Every seat was presentable – the flowers arranged just so – and the windows and mirrors were spotless. Not a fingerprint or smudge in sight. The lights were set to the correct level, the gaudy air freshener that had been here when I’d arrived was where it belonged – in the bin – the synthetic lily of the valley scent no longer catching at the back of your throat. I smiled at the calming space. It looked perfect. It had been another late night, preparing for today and the other services I had this week. I could hear my boss Frank’s voice warning me that I was going to end up burnt out if I wasn’t careful. I’d already had niggles with my n